Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's amazing how my life so revolves around food....

I am hungry. I have a pound (literally) of carrots bulging out my tummy, making it uncomfortable, and my brain is stil saying "for gawsh sakes son, eat something!" Until a month ago, I did not eat like this. Yes, it was nothing to down 4000 calories or more a day, but when plate of noodly alfredo goodness is front of you for 1200 calories and a couple 150 calorie breadsticks... So now I feast/gorge on 1800 - 2000 calories a day. I log everyone of those bad boys and girls. Popcorn, carrots, hummus, whatever goes in, gets logged. I don't know if it is a deprivation thing or what, but I wish it would quit. Brushing my teeth has the best result on staving off the bad habit of eating until Mr. Pain shows up, but sometimes, it's just fun to finally feel full. Some new yummyness to me - Wholly Guacamole! has 100 calorie Snack packs They make some seriously yummy guac, I like it with the Guiltless Gourmet Baked Organic Corn Tortilla Chips . I was at Costco and I found a box of Tribe Hummus 100 Calorie snack packs, 16 2oz packages. Now, I have never, ever, ever liked salad dressing. I hate the smell of vinagrettes and have gotten fired from working at an A&W in the 1980's for refusing to even touch mayonaise to put on someones burger. I have always eaten a salad plain or with olive oil and parmesan. I obtained a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet (Dry seasonings) and added it to 2 cups of plain nonfat organic yogurt. Umm, ok yum! That stuff clings to my leaves and Bac'uns and is yumtastic. Apparently if you make it with the mayo and milk, each 1Tbsp serving is 110 calories. With the nonfat yogurt, it is not quite 19 calories per Tbsp. I pour almost a half cup on my gallon of salad.

No comments: